Good Things of the Day So Far:
1. The exchange rate. Hello, an extra twenty-three cents to every American dollar I just deposited into my bank account!
2. SUN! I had to take off my scarf and then my velvet jacket while running my errands. The sunroof was opened, the car window was rolled down. All the house windows are now open as well. I’m wearing a short-sleeved t-shirt for the first time in, oh, months. Also for the first time in months, I am not cold.
3. I have daffodils that I bought from the Cancer Society! So many that they all don’t fit in my little Caithness vase!
4. A stack of new library books. Om-nom-nom.
5. Not one but two pairs of leather shoes purchased at Winners: a pair of plain black Rockport Mary Jane flats, and a pair of taupe Clarks casual Mary Jane heels. (Curiously, the heels are more comfortable than the flats.) I paid less for the two together than I’d have paid for either of them separately. SCORE! (Of course, taupe isn’t my thing; I’m kind of, heh, neutral about it. I intend to have them dyed, I just can’t decide on black or brown. Because, well, CLARKS, and holy cats they’re comfy.)
6. The anthology ms. has already been approved. The request for my delivery cheque was just put in. HOW COOL IS THAT?
Yeah. A good day so far.